We have recently refreshed our branding across our offerings and changed the names of our pricing plans. If you have signed up before Aug 9, 2021, please click Previous plans to view your applicable plans.
We assure you that this change will not impact your product experience, and no action is required on your part.
What is PCIpal App?
The PCIpal Payments app allows your customers to make secure payments during an ongoing call on Freshcaller. The app lets your customers enter their confidential payment information via an IVR while hiding the details from the agent on call.
The PCIpal is compliant with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS), which includes specification frameworks, tools, measurements, and support resources that help organizations secure the cardholder’s information at all times.
The key benefits of using PCIpal are:
- Improves safety
- Enhances data protection
- Reduces pressure on agents
- Improves average handle time
How does the PCIpal app work?
If you install the PCIpal app on Freshdesk Contact Center, here's how it works:
- The customer wishes to make payment during a call.
- The agent handling the call clicks on the PCIpal icon on the Freshdesk Contact Center phone widget to initiate the payment.
- The PCIpal app prompts the customer to enter their card details.
- The customer enters the card details using the phone keypad.
- The app successfully processes the payment while hiding all of the payment information from the agent.
How to install the PCIpal app?
- Log in to your Freshdesk Contact Center account.
- Go to Admin Settings > Apps.
- Search for PCIpal app.
- Click Install.
- Enter the following details:
API key: Your Freshdesk Contact Center account's API key. To find this, go to your Profile settings > API Key.
Domain: Enter your Freshdesk Contact Center account URL. For example, https://ben.freshcaller.com.
- Click Verify.
- Next, enter the other PCI settings.
Note: Except for the SIP address, enter all other details from your PCIpal account. Once you complete the verification here, you will receive the SIP address from PCIpal team. You can then update it here again (see step 10).
- Click Save. You will receive an email with PCIpal account details.
- Send these details to PCIpal to receive the SIP address.
- Once you receive the SIP address, go to the PCIpal app settings in Freshdesk Contact Center, enter the address again (see step 7), and click Save.
How to initiate payments using PCIpal?
When your customers wish to make a payment during an ongoing call, follow this process:
- On the conversation widget, click on the PCIpal icon.
- Click on Start Session.
- Enter the customer details like name and email id, enter the amount to be paid and click Next.
- The customer will now be prompted to enter their card details, which will be hidden from the agent on call.
- Once the customer enters the details, click Process Payment.
- After the payment is successful, you can end the session.
How to view the payment details in call metrics?
- Go to Call Metrics. If a customer payment was made using PCIpal, you will see the PCIpal icon next to the call record.
- Click on the icon to view the payment details.