We have recently refreshed our branding across our offerings and changed the names of our pricing plans. If you have signed up before Aug 9, 2021, please click Previous plans to view your applicable plans.
We assure you that this change will not impact your product experience, and no action is required on your part.
The Voicebase Payment Card Industry (PCI) redaction app is a Freshdesk Contact Center marketplace app powered by Voicebase that identifies and removes sensitive/confidential financial data from call recordings.
User Requirements: Only admins and account admins have access to install apps. This article contains the following sections:
- What is PCI redaction app?
- How does the PCI redaction app work?
- How to install the PCI redaction app?
- How to access the redacted recordings?
What is PCI redaction app?
As a call center company, you may handle calls where customers share their credit card details, SSN, or other confidential payment details. Once the call is complete, the PCI redaction app removes such sensitive payment information from the call recordings but retains the context of the conversation.
Disclaimer: The PCI redaction app is powered by Voicebase. For any issues with the quality of redaction, reach out to the Voicebase support.
How does the PCI redaction app work?
- After an agent completes a call in Freshdesk Contact Center, the PCI redaction app sends the call recording to Voicebase.
- Voicebase scans the recordings for credit card numbers, SSN, PII data, or other numerical financial data.
- Voicebase replaces the detected data with a blank tone and returns the redacted recording to Freschaller.
Note: Once you install the app, all call recordings go through Voicebase for scanning. If no financial data is detected, Voicebase returns the recording without any redaction.
How to install the PCI redaction app?
Before installing the app:
- Ensure that you have a Voicebase account.
- Get the voice base token from your Voicebase account. This is required for installing the PCI redaction app.
- The Voicebase PCI redaction app is available for free. However, Voicebase charges $.02 per minute for normal priority redaction and $250 for monthly commitment fee. This is only an indicative amount. Check the Voicebase website to know the actual charges.
- The call charges you see in Freshdesk Contact Center do not include the Voicebase processing charges. This means, you have to pay the corresponding charges to Voicebase separately.
- Log in to your Freshdesk Contact Center account.
- Go to Admin Settings > Apps.
- Search for Voicebase PCI Call Redaction app.
- Click Install.
- Enter the following details:
- API key: Your Freshdesk Contact Center account's API key. To find this, go to your Profile settings > API Key.
- Domain: Enter your Freshdesk Contact Center account URL. For example, https://ben.freshcaller.com.
- Voicebase Token: Enter the Voicebase token from your Voicebase account.
- Select the type of information you want to redact from your calls. You can choose to redact PCI, SSN, or all numbers (numerical data).
- Click Verify.
- Once the verification is successful, click Install. You can see the app under the Installed Apps section.
How to access the redacted recordings?
Each time an agent makes and receives a call, the PCI redaction app sends the recordings to Voicebase for redaction. Once the process is complete, you can see the redacted recordings in Call Metrics. The icon next to the recording indicates that the calls are redacted.
Note: The redaction process may take around 10 minutes to complete. Until then, you will not see the recordings.