We have recently refreshed our branding across our offerings and changed the names of our pricing plans. If you have signed up before Aug 9, 2021, please click Previous plans to view your applicable plans.
We assure you that this change will not impact your product experience, and no action is required on your part.
The call transcription (or post-call transcription) feature is similar to the "speech to text" feature, which converts your call recordings to readable text.
Listening to call recordings can sometimes be time-consuming, especially when you want to know what exactly happened during a call. But with call transcriptions, you can instantly read and understand the context of a call.
The Call Transcription feature:
- Lets you quickly search for keywords in the transcripts instead of listening to an entire call recording.
- Saves your agents time as they can easily look for past conversations, find customer details in minutes, and resolve queries faster during live calls.
- Lets your supervisor scan through each customer conversation and get an overview of how your agents are performing and suggest areas of improvement.
How does call transcription work?
If you enable call recording and call transcription options for a number, both your incoming and outgoing calls from that number will be converted to transcriptions. Once you complete a call, you can see the recorded conversation in readable text in the Call Metrics section.
User Requirements: To enable call transcriptions, you must have admin or account admin access.
This article contains the following sections:
Check out the video here:
- This feature is enabled only on request for Enterprise (Omnichannel and Freshdesk Contact Center stand-alone) customers. To add this feature to your account, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are a Freshdesk Contact Center stand-alone Pro customer, you can request this as an add-on feature for three months (October 2021 - Decemeber 2021). If you wish to use the feature after December, please upgrade to the Enterprise plan.
- Call transcription works only if call recording is enabled for a number. Also, currently, this is supported only in English.
Enabling Call Transcriptions
Note: To access this feature in Omnnichannel, go to the respective Freshdesk Contact Center instance. Navigate to Omnichannel Admin Settings > Phone Channel > Manage Settings.
- Log in to your Freshdesk Contact Center account.
- Go to Admin Settings > Numbers. You can see the list of available numbers in your account. If you do not have any number, you can purchase a new number using the Buy New Number option.
- Hover over the number for which you want to enable voicemail transcription and click on the edit icon. You will see the Number Properties tab.
- Toggle the Call Transcription option.
- Click Save Changes.
Viewing and Downloading Call Transcripts
Once you enable the call transcriptions for a number, all calls to and from this number will be transcribed.
Go to the Call Metrics tab.
Tap on a call record to open the call details.
Click on the Call Transcript tab to view and read the converted text. Here, you can see the entire conversation that you had with your customer.
Click on the download button to download the transcripts in a text format.
Searching Call Transcripts
In addition to searching call metrics using call notes, you can now search for keywords in call transcripts. As an agent, you may want to quickly find the correct information within a lengthy call recording and retrieve the required information. Searching call transcripts not only saves your time but also helps you resolve customer queries faster.
To search using call transcripts:
- Go to the Call Metrics tab.
- Click on the search box and select Call Transcript.
- Enter the phrase or keyword you want to search and hit enter. You will see the call record having the entered keyword in the call transcript.