|Applicable Plans||✖||✔ Blossom||✔ Garden||✔ Estate||✔ Forest|
For each Freshcaller number, you can set music or a greeting that plays when the customer is on hold. By setting different greetings for different numbers, you can offer a more personalized experience to the customer.
To add a custom hold greeting:
1. Click on the Admin icon in the sidebar and then select Numbers from the displayed list.
2. Choose the number you would like to set the hold music for and select the Edit icon.
3. From the right panel that will be displayed with this number’s properties, select Custom Hold Music.
4. If you have a previously saved greeting, select the one you would like to assign to this number. Use the play button to hear the recording if needed.
5. If you would like to add a new hold greeting, click + New Message.
6. Enter a name for the new greeting and select from one of three available types:
Record: Use your computer’s microphone to record your new greeting. The maximum duration for the recording is 5 minutes.
Upload: Add a new track from your computer’s saved files. Please make sure that the audio file is in mp3 format and under 5mb in size.
Text to speech: Type the message you would like customers to hear and choose between a male and female voice for the audio. If you see an error message here, reduce the word count and try again.
7. Click Add message once you have added the new greeting.
8. The Custom hold message field will display the audio file you have chosen for the number.
9. Click Save changes to apply the settings for your subsequent calls.
The hold music that you assign to a number will played on loop until the call is taken off hold.
Note: To provide a break between consecutive greetings, consider recording a few seconds of silence towards the end of your track.
At this time, there is no mechanism to bulk assign hold greetings to multiple numbers. We will update this solution article once this feature is available.
Tip: If you would like to know more about leveraging hold time, read this article.