We have recently refreshed our branding across our offerings and changed the names of our pricing plans. If you have signed up before Aug 9, 2021, please click Previous plans to view your applicable plans.
We assure you that this change will not impact your product experience, and no action is required on your part.
Messages and greetings set the initial tone for customer interactions with your call center. Having clear messages at every step during a call guides your customers and makes the first best impression.
Freshdesk Contact Center provides a set of default messages/greetings for different call center scenarios that can be modified anytime. You can also create customized messages that reflect your company's brand. In addition, dynamic messages can be enabled to receive inputs from your integrated apps.
How are messages and greetings used in Freshdesk Contact Center?
By default, all calls in Freshdesk Contact Center with a welcome message/greeting. You can also use them for the following:
- Hold music: Message/greeting to play when an agent puts a customer on hold.
- Ringtone: Message or music that your customers will hear instead of the default caller tune.
- Voicemail: You can create voicemail messages for different scenarios, such as call queue, IVR, wait queue, etc. These messages are triggered if you set voicemail as the fallback action in the respective call workflows.
The default messages or greetings available are:
|Message Type||Message Text||Scenarios to use|
|Welcome Message||Thanks for calling. Please hold while we find an available agent to assist you. Also, note your call may be recorded for quality and training purposes.||This is the first message your customers hear when they call.|
|Agent Extension Welcome Message||Thanks for calling us. Please dial the 4 digit extension to speak to a specific agent. To speak to any available agent, please press *.||Use this as the welcome message (play message) to initiate an Agent Extension Call Workflow.|
|Agent Busy Message||The agent you are trying to reach is currently busy, please try after sometime.||A customer will hear this message when an agent is busy, and you have enabled voicemail as the fallback option.|
|Agent Not Answering Message||The agent you are trying to reach is not answering the call. Please try after sometime.||A customer will hear this message when an agent is not answering the call, and voicemail is enabled as the fallback action.|
|Agent Not Available Message||The agent you are trying to reach is not available right now. Please try after sometime.||A customer will hear this message when an agent is offline or not available to attend the call, and voicemail is enabled as the fallback action.|
Incorrect Agent Extension Message
|There are no agents available with that extension number. Please enter the right extension number.||This message will be played if a customer dials a wrong extension number, and voicemail is enabled as the fallback action.|
|Callback Message||Press 1 to continue in the wait queue. Press 2 to request a callback on the same number you are calling from.||The customers will hear this message if they opt for a callback.|
|Callback Confirmation Message||Your request for callback is confirmed. The next available agent will call you shortly.||This message is played to confirm the customer's choice for callback.|
|Hangup Message||Our agents are unavailable to take your call right now, but we will get back to you shortly.||This message is played before hanging up a call.|
|Invalid Input Message||You have given us an invalid input message. Please try to rephrase the message.||This message is played when a customer gives an invalid IVR keypress option or an invalid voicebot input.|
|Recording Opt-in Message||Thank you for calling. We would like to record this call for quality audit and training. To allow us to record this conversation, Press 1. To opt out of recording this conversation, Press 2.||This message is played if the customer agrees to record the call conversation.|
|Voicemail Message||Our agents are unavailable to take your call right now. Please leave a message after the beep and we will get back to you shortly.||The default voicemail message that will be played after which customers can record and send their message.|
Viewing or Editing Default Messages
The default messages can be used as-is for different scenarios, or you can modify these messages anytime.
To view or edit the default message:
- Log into your Freshdesk Contact Center account.
- Go to Admin Settings > Messages. You can see the list of default messages here.
- Click on the message to view and edit the message text.
- Under Edit Message, you can modify the message name and the message text.
- Alternatively, you can also use the following options:
- Record: Click this option to record a message in your own voice.
- Upload: Use this option to upload a prerecorded message or music. If you want to upload an audio file, ensure that the file size is less than 5 MB.
- Text to speech: Type your message in the text box provided and select between male or female voice to play the text to speech message.
Also, select the language in which you want to play the text-to-speech message.
- Click Save Changes.