This article provides examples of how you can use the routing automation feature for different use cases. You will find the following use cases:
- Use case: Automating call flow for VIP customers
- Usecase: Automating call flow using dynamic messages
For a general overview of routing automation Feature, see Overview of Routing Automation.
To know how to configure and set up the routing automation call flow, see Configuring Routing Automation Call Flow.
Use case: Automating call flow for VIP customers
Let's say you want to identify all your VIP customers with just the phone number and route them to an executive team that handles priority customers.
For this, build a custom app that verifies if a caller is a VIP or a non-VIP customer with the customer's phone number as input. You can then automate a call flow in Freshcaller to take appropriate actions based on the response received from the custom app.
For example, if your caller is a VIP customer, route the call immediately to the "Executive Team" without making your callers go through an IVR or wait in the queue.
For this, you can set up the call flow as follows:
- As you can see here when an incoming call is received, the Validate_Phone_Number function checks if the number is a VIP customer's phone number. Hence, the input type is set as Phone Number.
- After validation, if the number is listed as a VIP customer in the app's database, the response returned from the app will be "VIP". If not, the response will be "Non VIP".
- You can see that for VIP customers, the call is immediately routed to the VIP call queue, whereas, for normal customers, the call is routed to a voicemail.
Use case: Automating call flow using dynamic messages
Let's take an example of an e-commerce business. The customers may usually call to know their order status. For this, you can create a custom app that validates the customer's order number received via IVR and gives the relevant response to customers.
For this all that you need to do is create a call flow, that can get the order number from your customer and give the response via dynamic voicemail messages.
- Welcome Message: The welcome message should have a clear message to get the caller's input via IVR keypress. For example, "Welcome to XYZ company, to know your order status, enter your order number followed by hash"
- Input type: Select the input type configured for this function. Since the order number can be multiple digits, you may want to configure the input type as multiple digits in the custom app.
- Hold Message: Once the caller enters the order number, play this message until the custom app validates the input, and returns the response. For example, "Please wait while we process your request".
- Response: Enter the response configured in the app that should be returned for the correct and incorrect order number. In the screenshot above, valid and invalid are the responses configured for correct an incorrect input received from the caller.
- Action: For the correct input, you can send the caller to a dynamic voicemail message that dynamically pulls the order status from the custom app's database. Here, the dynamic message configured is "E-store-Dynamic Message", which has the following content, where <order number> and <status> are variables configured in the app.
- Configure actions for other routing rules and save the call flow.