We have recently refreshed our branding across our offerings and changed the names of our pricing plans. If you have signed up before Aug 9, 2021, please click Previous plans to view your applicable plans.
We assure you that this change will not impact your product experience, and no action is required on your part.
Freshdesk Contact Center records your calls based on your number settings. Usually, calls are recorded if your account has the call recording option enabled.
The Bulk Delete Recording app is an internal Marketplace app that allows you to delete multiple call recordings at once from your account. You can find this app under the Apps section in your account.
The app allows you to delete call recordings that are older than 30 days, 60 days, or from the beginning. You can also set custom dates to delete recordings. In addition, you can configure recurring rules and schedule specific time periods and frequencies for deleting the recordings.
Note: Once you delete the call recordings, they are deleted forever. Hence, it is recommended to downlaod the recordings before you delete for future reference.
User Requirements: Only supervisors, admins, and account admins can use the app to bulk delete call recordings.
The article contains the following sections:
Installing the app
- Log in to your Freshdesk Contact Center account.
- Go to Admin Settings> Apps.
You can find the Bulk Delete Recordings app under the Custom Apps section. Click Install.
- On the Configuration page, enter your account details:
- Account URL: Your Freshdesk Contact Center account URL.
- API key: You can find this under your Profile Settings.
- Click Verify Credentials.
- Once your account details are verified, click Install.
This completes the app installation.
Configuring settings for deletion
Once the app is installed, you can proceed to configure the settings for deleting recordings from your account. The app allows you to delete recordings based on your preferred time period.
- Under the Installed Apps section, you can find the Bulk Delete Recordings app. Click on the Settings (wheel) icon.
- In the Configuration page, under the Settings tab, you will find various options to delete recordings.
- Select the time period for which you want to delete the recording. The options are:
- Older than 30 days: Deletes the recordings that are older than 30 days from the current date.
- Older than 60 days: Deletes the recordings that are older than 60 days from the current date.
- Since the beginning of time: Deletes the recordings from the start.
- Custom Date & Time: Select this option to delete the recording based on your preferred date range. Also, choose your preferred custom from and to date/time range.
- For options, a,b, and c, select the Frequency of Repetition. You can use this to schedule how frequently you want to delete the recordings. The options are:
Note: If you want to delete the recording as a one-time activity for the selected time period and do not want to repeat the action, select Does not repeat.
You can also select a custom frequency of repetition. Choose custom and scroll down to see the options to repeat:
You can choose to repeat the deletion every Week on Monday or Monthly on the 1st day. Also, select when you want to end the frequency for deletion.
- Never: When you choose this option, your recordings will continue to be deleted for the selected time period until you change the selection.
- On: Select the date when you want to stop the frequency of deletion.
- After: Select the number of occurrences after which you want to stop the deletion.
- Select the account/time zone.
- Enter the email id to receive notifications on deletion success or failure.
- Click Done after entering all the details.
- Click Save.
- On successful deletion, you will receive a notification on the mail id you entered on the configuration page.