We have recently refreshed our branding across our offerings and changed the names of our pricing plans. If you have signed up before Aug 9, 2021, please click Previous plans to view your applicable plans.
We assure you that this change will not impact your product experience, and no action is required on your part.
What is PCI Pal App?
The PCI Pal Payments app allows your customers to make secure payments during live calls on Freshdesk Contact Center. The app lets your customers enter their confidential payment information while ensuring no sensitive payment card data is seen or heard by the agent or exposed to your contact center account.
PCI Pal utilizes DTMF (Dual Tone Multi-Frequency) masking technology, as well as speech recognition for customers who can’t use their telephone keypad, to provide companies with a secure way of handling payments by phone without bringing their environments in the scope of the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
Use PCI Pal app with Freshdesk Contact Center to:
- Reduce the scope of PCI DSS
- Reduce AHT (Average Handling Time)
- Reduce pressure on Agents
- Increase payment success
How does the PCI Pal app work?
When you install the PCI Pal app on Freshdesk Contact Center, here's how it works:
- The customer wishes to make payment during a call.
- The agent handling the call clicks on the PCI Pal icon on the Freshdesk Contact Center phone widget to initiate the payment.
- The PCI Pal app prompts the customer to enter their card details.
- The customer enters the card details using their phone keypad or speech recognition.
- The app successfully processes the payment while hiding all the payment information from the agent.
How to install the PCI Pal app?
- Log in to your Freshdesk Contact Center account.
- Go to Admin Settings > Apps.
- Search for PCI Pal app.
- Click Install.
- Enter the following details:
API key: Your Freshdesk Contact Center account's API key. To find this, go to your Profile settings > API Key.
Domain: Enter your Freshdesk Contact Center account URL. For example, https://ben.freshcaller.com.
- Click Verify.
- Next, enter the other PCI settings provided to you in the PCI Pal Setup Documentation Pack (SDP
Note: Except for the SIP address, enter all other details from your PCI Pal account. Once you complete the verification, you will receive the SIP address from PCI Pal team. You can then update it here again (see step 10).
- Click Save. You will receive an email with PCI Pal account details.
- Send these details to PCI Pal to receive the SIP address.
- Once you receive the SIP address, go to the PCI Pal app settings in Freshdesk Contact Center, enter the address again (see step 7), and click Save.
How to initiate payments using PCI Pal?
When your customers wish to make a payment during an ongoing call, follow this process:
- On the conversation widget, click on the PCI Pal icon.
- Click on Start Session.
- Enter the customer details like name and email id, enter the amount to be paid and click Next.
- The customer will now be prompted to enter their card details, which will be hidden from the agent on call.
- Once the customer enters the details, click Process Payment.
- After the payment is successful, you can end the session.
How to view the payment details in call metrics?
- Go to Call Metrics. If a customer payment was made using PCI Pal, you will see the PCI Pal icon next to the call record.
- Click on the icon to view the payment details.