The phone widget is available within your Freshcaller account on the browser at the bottom right corner and is used to make and receive calls. This article contains the following sections:
Before using the phone widget, take a look at the recommended best practices or prerequisites that help you have the best call experience.
- Check Phone Credits: Check if you have sufficient credits to make and receive calls. If not, recharge your credits.
Note: Only account admins can buy credits.
- Check your availability status: Make sure you set your status to online. You can receive calls only when your status is online.
- Test your network connection: Running a network test can help you identify and troubleshoot any network or audio settings issues in your system.
When you use the phone widget for the first time, Freshcaller prompts you to test the network connection. Click Start Test. For more details, see Testing Your Network Connection.
- Check Browser Settings:
- Use the latest version of Chrome or Firefox.
- Allow Microphone Access: Make sure that your browser setting is configured to allow microphone access. When you make or receive a call using the phone widget for the first time, you will see a notification to provide microphone access. Click Allow
To have the best call experience, check out the best practices and recommendations.
Exploring the Phone Widget
Click on the phone icon at the bottom to open the widget.
- Country: Use this option to select the country code of the number you want to dial.
- Recent Calls: Gives you a history of the calls that you recently received or dialed.
- Search: Use this to search for a contact.
- Keypad: Use this to enter a phone number using the widget keypad.
Placing the Call
- Click on the phone icon at the bottom to open the widget.
- Click on the From drop-down at the top and select the Freshcaller number from which you want to place the call.
- You can place a call in the following ways:
Receiving the Call
As an agent, you can receive a call directly from a customer, or another agent may transfer a call or invite you to their ongoing call (conference call).
- When you receive a call directly from a customer, you will see the following notification:
- The incoming call notification displays the customer's name (if contact is saved), number, and the call queue to which the call is routed to.
- Click on the Answer button to attend the call.
Once you attend the call, the in-conversation window opens. For more details on the various options or features available in the in-conversation window, see Exploring on-call controls.