Freshcaller app for Salesforce Lightening(v1.1)
Modified on: Tue, 26 May, 2020 at 7:39 PM
Note: This app is currently available on request.
Please contact email@example.com or your Customer Success Manager if you wish to use it.
Available plans: Garden, Estate
What can you do with this integration?
- Make and receive calls using Freshcaller from your Salesforce account.
- All calls made/received via the Freshcaller app are automatically logged as tasks.
- Essential details like Duration, Notes, Timestamp, Freshcaller Call ID are added as part of the task.
Who can setup this integration?
You should have an active Salesforce license.
You are on one of these Salesforce editions: Essentials, Enterprise, Unlimited.
You should have Salesforce admin privileges.
How to setup the integration?
Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to get access to the managed package of Freshcaller that you need to download inside your Salesforce account.
Login to your Salesforce account and download the package using the link.
- Once the installation is complete, this package will appear inside Setup> Apps> Packaging> Installed Packages.
- To configure how calls from unknown numbers are treated, go to Setup> Custom Code> Custom Metadata Types.
- For the “FreshcallerSalesforce” package, click on “Manage Records”.
- Click on “Edit” for default settings label.
- You can choose to auto-create a new record (Contact/Lead/Account) if there is an incoming call from an unknown number.
- To make your task section more contextual with information like Call duration, Freshcaller agent, go to Setup> Object and Fields> Object Manager.
- Look for Task object
- In the Task object setup, go to Page Layout.
- Move the following fields to the Task detail section
Call Duration (seconds)
- Add the Freshcaller CTI to other users in your account:
- Go to Setup> Call center> Call centers.
- Click on Freshcaller CTI> Manage Call Center Users
- Add all users to whom you want to give access to the Freshcaller app.
- Now that your app is fully setup, you can launch it from App Launcher at the top left of your Salesforce account.
- Select Freshcaller.
- Now the Freshcaller app will appear as part of the Utility bar.
How to use the app?
- If you have an existing Freshcaller account, click on “Sign in”. If you haven’t created a Freshcaller account yet, click on “Create Account”.
- To make a call to an existing contact, you can search the contact from within the Freshcaller app.
- By clicking on the phone icon, you can make calls directly without having to copy the number..
- For all outbound and inbound calls that you handle via the Freshcaller app, a task is added related to the corresponding record (Contact/Lead/Account) with essential details like Call duration, Call Notes, Type of call (Outbound/Inbound), Time.
How to configure the app inside Service Cloud?
- You can also configure the Freshcaller app for Service Cloud. Go to Setup>App Manager. For Service Console App, click on Edit.
- Go to Utility Items>Add Utility Items. Search for Open CTI Softphone.
- Change label from “Phone” to “Freshcaller”.
- Freshcaller app will now open inside your Service console view in the utility bar at the bottom.
Did you find it helpful?
Can you please tell us how we can improve this article?