We have recently refreshed our branding across our offerings and changed the names of our pricing plans. If you have signed up before Aug 9, 2021, please click Previous plans to view your applicable plans.
We assure you that this change will not impact your product experience, and no action is required on your part.
By default, Freshdesk Contact Center records both incoming and outgoing calls. However, as an admin, you can configure the number properties to configure call recording according to your business needs.
What are the types of call recording options available?
The following call recording options are available in Freshdesk Contact Center.
- Record all calls (default)
- Record outgoing calls
- Record incoming calls
- Record manually
- Do not record calls
As an admin, you can see the type of call recording option enabled for your Freshdesk Contact Center number in the properties tab:
For detailed instructions, see Configuring Call Recording Options.
Note: An additional charge of USD 0.003/min is applicable for call recordings.
How to record/pause calls?
By default, all calls are recorded. However, if the number properties are set to " record calls manually ", you have to record the call manually. When you feel that the customer is giving confidential information or wishes to pause recording, you can use the pause option.
- If the call recording option for a number is set as "record call manually", click on the record button.
- To pause the recording, click on the pause button.
Note that the pause recording option is available only for Pro+ customers.
Note: You can also get the customer's consent to record calls. In this case, the customer will be given a choice to record or opt-out of recording calls at the beginning of the call. This can be done if the record opt-in feature is enabled for the Freshdesk Contact Center number. For details, see Enabling Recording Opt-in For a Number.
How to view the call recordings?
You can view and listen to the call recordings any time you want.
- Log in to your Freshdesk Contact Center account and go to Call Metrics.
- You can see the details of each call here and also view the recordings of each call.
- Click on the play icon to listen to the conversation.
- You can also download or delete the recording.
- If you want to view the call recordings of a specific number, use the filter option to see the recordings for that number.
- If you want to delete multiple call recordings at once, you can use the bulk delete recording app. For details, see Using The Bulk Delete Recording App.