We have recently refreshed our branding across our offerings and changed the names of our pricing plans. If you have signed up before Aug 9, 2021, please click Previous plans to view your applicable plans.
We assure you that this change will not impact your product experience, and no action is required on your part.
This article provides details on training and managing the Speech IVR Bot. For a general overview of speech bot, see Configuring and Managing Speech Enabled IVR. This article contains the following sections:
To understand a customer's voice and provide an appropriate response, your speech IVR bot must be trained.
Training is nothing but creating a list of intents and adding commonly used words and phrases for that particular intent.
For example, if you have a contact center service for flight booking, you can have intents such as Ticket Booking and Ticket Cancellation. For these intents, you can add the following phrases:
- Can you book my ticket?
- What is the status of my ticket?
- I want to cancel my ticket.
Based on the training, your bots learn to identify and understand the phrases during a call and associate it with the right intent. This helps you achieve an effective speech IVR call.
Freshdesk Contact Center creates a default speech bot with two intents and corresponding action items. You can configure the same bot and edit the intents based on your requirement or create a new bot.
To manage the speech IVR bot:
- Log in to your Freshdesk Contact Center account.
- Go to Admin Settings > Call WorkFlows.
- Click Speech Enabled IVR.
- Select the workflow flow for which you want to manage intents. If you do not have a speech-enabled IVR workflow, create a new flow.
- In the workflow, under Speech Bot, select the bot and click Manage Intents. Alternatively, you can also upload a set of intents.
Bot field that appears, and then click on the Create link.
- When you click on Manage Intents, your speech IVR bot training page opens.
The training page consist of the following options:
- Create New Intent: Click this to create a new intent.
- Upload Intents: Click this to upload a file of multiple intents.
- Viewing & Edit Intent: Lets you view and edit the existing intents.
- Review Customer Phrases: Lets you view the customer phrases/voice inputs captured during a call conversation. Based on this, you can choose to add these phrases to your bot.
For more details, see the following sections.
Creating New Intent
- On the Speech IVR bot training page, click on the Create New Intent button.
- Intent Name: Enter the intent name. For example, Ticket Booking, Ticket Cancellation.
- New Phrase: Enter the phrases that you want to add for this intent. Phrases are common queries/questions that a customer may have regarding an intent. For example, for the ticket booking intent, you can add the following phrases:
- Can you book my tickets?
- What is my ticket status?
Adding different phrases help your bot identify and better understand customer's intents.
- Click Save.
Besides adding individual intents, Freshdesk Contact Center allows you to upload multiple intents at once using a CSV file.
To upload multiple intents:
- On the Speech IVR bot training page, click on the Upload Intents button.
- Browse and select the CSV file you want to upload. The file should have the list of intents and the corresponding phrases. If you are not sure about creating one, download the sample .csv template and fill in the details.
The sample template contains the following columns:
- On successful upload, you will see the following message:
Additionally, you will also receive a confirmation message on your registered mail id.
- To see the uploaded intents, refresh the speech IVR bot page.
Viewing & Editing Intents
- On the Speech IVR bot training page, click on the Viewing & Edit Intent tab.
- To edit an existing intent, click on the edit (pencil) icon available next to the intent.
- Update the necessary changes and click Save.
The options/fields required to update intents are similar to the fields available on the Create New Intent page.
Reviewing Customer Phrases
Freshdesk Contact Center captures and saves customer's voice inputs as phrases from live calls. You can review these phrases and choose to add it to your bot.
- On the Speech IVR bot training page, click on the Review Customer Phrases tab.
- Here, you can see the following details:
- Caller Input: The voice input or the phrases that the customer spoke.
- Timestamp: The time of the call.
- Bot's understanding: This tells you how the bot interpreted the customer's voice input. If the voice input is similar to an existing phrase, the bot associates it with that particular intent. If the bot fails to understand the input, this field will be empty.
- Change Input To: Select the intent to which you want to associate the customer's voice input/phrase.
To view the details of the corresponding bot call, hover anywhere on the table row, and click View Call Details.