|Applicable Plans||✔ Forest|
To understand a customer's voice and to provide an appropriate response, your speech IVR bot must be trained.
Training is nothing but creating a list of intents and adding commonly used words and phrases for that particular intent.
For example, if you have a call center service for flight booking, you can have intents such as Ticket Booking and Ticket Cancellation. For these intents, you can add the following phrases:
- Can you book my ticket?
- What is the status of my ticket?
- I want to cancel my ticket
Based on the training, your bots learn to identify and understand the phrases during a call and associate it with the right intent. This helps you achieve an effective speech IVR call.
Freshcaller creates a default speech bot with two intents and corresponding action items. You can configure the same bot and edit the intents based on your requirement or create a new bot.
To manage a speech IVR bot:
- Log in to your Freshcaller account as admin and click Admin > Call Flows.
- Select the speech-enabled IVR Call flow for which you want to manage intents.
- In the call flow form, under Speech Bot, select the required bot and click Manage Intents. Alternatively, you can also upload a set of intents at once. for more details, see section Uploading Intents below.
Note: If you want to create a new bot, click on the Select Bot drop-down and enter a name in the Search/Create Bot field that appears, and then click on the Create link.
- When you click on Manage Intents, your speech IVR bot training page opens.
The training page consist of the following options:
- Create New Intent: Click this to create a new intent
- Upload Intents: Click this to upload a file of multiple intents.
- Viewing & Edit Intent: Lets you view and edit the existing intents.
- Review Customer Phrases: Lets you view the customer phrases/voice inputs captured during a call conversation. Based on this, you can choose to add these phrases to your bot.
For more details, see the following sections.
Creating New Intent
- On the Speech IVR bot training page, click on the Create New Intent button.
- Intent Name: Enter the intent name. For example, Ticket Booking, Ticket Cancellation.
- New Phrase: Enter the phrases that you want to add for this intent. Phrases are common queries/questions that a customer may have regarding an intent. For example, for the ticket booking intent, you can add phrases such as, Can you book my tickets? or What is my ticket status?
Adding different phrases helps your bot identify and understand customer's intents better.
- Click Save.
In addition to adding individual intents, Freshcaller allows you to upload multiple intents at once using a CSV file.
To upload multiple intents:
- On the Speech IVR bot training page, click on the Upload Intents button.
- Browse and select the CSV file you want to upload. The file should have the list of intents and the corresponding phrases. If you are not sure about how to create one, download the sample .csv template and fill the details.
The sample template contains the following columns:
- On successful upload, you will see the following message:
Additionally, you will also receive a confirmation message on your registered mail id.
- To see the uploaded intents, refresh the speech IVR bot page.
Viewing & Editing Intents
- On the Speech IVR bot training page, click on the Viewing & Edit Intent tab.
- To edit an existing intent, click on the edit (pencil) icon available next to the intent.
- Update the necessary changes and click Save.
The options/fields required to update intents are similar to the fields available in the Create New Intent page.
Reviewing Customer Phrases
Freshcaller captures and saves customer's voice inputs as phrases. You can review these phrases and choose to add it to your bot.
- On the Speech IVR bot training page, click on the Review Customer Phrases tab.
- Here, you can see the following details:
- Caller Input: The voice input or the phrases that the customer spoke.
- Timestamp: The time of the call.
- Bot's understanding: Tells you how the bot interpreted the customer's voice input. If the voice input is similar to an existing phrase, the bot associates the phrase to that particular intent. If the bot fails to understand the input, this field will be empty.
- Change Input To: Select the intent to which you want to associate the customer's voice input/phrase.
To view the details of the corresponding bot call, hover anywhere on the table row, and click View Call Details.